Thanks for reading! If you enjoy this article consider subscribing to our newsletter for a chance to win a $10 eshop gift card every week!
In Kao the Kangaroo, one of the most popular fruits is the disgusting durian. In this valley, you can find objects way better than that: diamonds, a scroll, and the KAO letters. Here’s where to find them.
There are a total of 13 diamonds that can be picked up in The Durian Valley from Kao the Kangaroo. It’s an unlucky number, but you should be able to find all of them with our instructions.
- The first diamond can be found in the introductory river area. Walk off the plank and get the first diamond from underneath the water to the left.
- After hanging on the vines and making your way across the water, you’ll have to face a new monkey enemy. After taking care of him, turn left and you’ll see a diamond in a circular wooden platform on the water. Jump on the platforms to reach it.
- This is near the second diamond. After turning on the engine to bring down several wooden platforms, turn right and extinguish the webs that block your path. After collecting a scroll behind the webs, continue down the path and you’ll see a diamond waiting for you on the left. Watch out for the vine next to it.
- The fourth diamond is near the river on the rock. It’s after sliding down a vine and hitting the interdimensional crystals along the way.
- This diamond is located by the river after getting through the first factory section. You’ll go down the vine and then you’ll jump across the river on several floating platforms. At some point, you’ll about to cross a bridge that’s being surrounded by durian-throwing monkeys on either side. Before you run over the bridge, go to the right side and you’ll see a diamond at the end of this section.
- After making your way past a set of durian-throwing monkeys and platforming challenges, you’ll be at the bottom of a tree. Before making your way up, turn right and into a hole on the side. Turn immediately left and you’ll see the next diamond. Don’t get distracted by the well or the blue coins that lead towards it.
- This diamond is on the direct path up the tree. Barrels will be thrown at you but collect the diamond before you work your way up further. Rolling rather than jumping is a better option.
- Same as 7 but slightly on the left side.
- As you’re sliding down some durian juice, jump on the right and collect the next diamond.
- Behind the jet-shaped pump, you’ll see a pool of water underneath a waterfall. On the left side, you’ll see a diamond submerged within the water at the end of a snake path of gold.
- To the left of the jet-shaped pump, you’ll see a huge fan pumping air into the area. To the right of the fan, you’ll see a diamond above some boxes. A few annoying monkey enemies are lurking around the area.
- After melting the ice around the second pump area, get on the floating platform to the right of it. Follow this path to the 12th diamond that is mid-air.
- To the right of the jet-shaped pump, get on some vines and follow down the path it sets upon you. You’ll see a waterfall on the right side. Jump on the rocks below it and follow the path until you reach the last diamond on top of a wooden crate.
The one and only scroll in Durian Valley from Kao the Kangaroo
You can find the only scroll in The Durian Valley from Kao the Kangaroo near the beginning of the level. After climbing on the introductory set of vines, defeating the first monkey foe in the level and turn on an engine with your fire fists, there are several wooden platforms that appear before you. Instead of going completely forward, use your fire fists to take out the webs on the right side. You’ll find the scroll behind it.
The letters K, A, and O are split across The Durian Valley from Kao the Kangaroo. Here’s where to find them.
The letter K is located near the beginning of the level. After crossing over the first set of vines over the river and taking out the first durian-throwing monkey, charge up the engine with your fire fists and then eliminate the webs like before. Continue down the path and at the end of it, you’ll find a tiered hill covered in gold coins after jumping on a trampoline platform. At the top, you’ll find the letter K.
The A is located within the first area that has durian juice in it. When you go into a valley-like section with aerial platforms and many durian-throwing monkeys attacking you, you’ll find a sneakily placed letter on the level that is easy to miss. Under the second wooden platform in this section, look underneath and you’ll see a room blocked by webs. Use your fire fists to melt it and find the A letter.
The O is located behind a waterfall near the end of the level. When you see a jet-shaped pump, follow the right path and go left until you see a vine bridge. Climb it and go across the durian juice river to reach a waterfall. Go through it and you’ll find the O letter hidden inside.
Collectibles in other Kao the Kangaroo levels
If you need help finding collectibles on other levels in Kao the Kangaroo, we have them listed here:
What's Your Reaction?
An experienced freelance writer, Chris has a vast knowledge of the gaming medium. With a Bachelor of Communications degree, he hopes to elevate his writing further. His favorite games are Kingdom Hearts, Beyond Good & Evil, and Super Smash Bros. Ultimate.