Back in September, Moonana opened a Kickstarter campaign for Keylocker, a cyberpunk turn-based action game, and the game turned out to be quite the success, as the team surpassed their initial funding goal by quite a margin. During the campaign, one unlocked Stretch Goal was releasing the title on Nintendo Switch, so it is exciting to announce that Keylocker will be coming to the hybrid console.
Check out the trailer:
Keylocker is a Cyberpunk turn based rhythm JRPG inspired by the Mario&Luigi RPG series and Chrono Trigger, in which you play as the singer and songwriter, BOBO. Fuel your moves with the electric power of music in this unforgiving planet by using real-time execution of moves in rhythm game style! Battle the authorities, unlock the secrets of Saturn, play on your own bands’ concerts and hack into the network to bring an end to this corrupt system, for better or worse.
- Control Electricity with your own music! Transform it into attack or defense as needed, swapping between different movesets and tactics.
- Classic Turn Based Combat with a twist: Real Time execution of moves in rhythm game style, aim your shots, time your attacks, parry and block your enemies in this unforgiving planet.
- No Random-Encounters; fight your enemies head-on with seamless in world battles inspired by Chrono Trigger.
- Befriend the citizens, or betray them, hacking into their profiles to acquire resources or to change the course of the story with multiple endings.
- Play with your band to the friends you made at the Music Show minigame, featuring compositions by Elektrobear (Momodora, Virgo Versus The Zodiac), voiced by Psamathes.
- But watch out on the Danger Meter! The all-ears church-police will certainly come after devious denizens who do not respect the Law of Silence.
- Completely customize your characters with a great variety of equipment; unlock special Talents using the Keys harvested from enemies you DELETE in combat.
- Unique interactions with every object of the world: exploring Saturn can lead to secrets, rewards or entire pieces of knowledge about the planet.
There is no word on a release date, but the Kickstarter campaign predicts an August 2023 release window. Quite the wait, but based on what we already know, this looks to be quite the JRPG adventure!
Thank you for stopping by Nintendo Link for all of your gaming news and updates! What do you think of this successful Kickstarter? Are you interested in Keylocker? Let us know in the comments below! Happy gaming, everyone.
What's Your Reaction?
My name is Jason Capp. I am a husband, father, son, and brother, and I am a gamer, a writer, and a wannabe pro wrestler. It is hard to erase the smile on this simple man.