Starting today, Pokemon GO Fest 2021 officially begins. From Friday until Sunday evening your local time, lots of fun activities and special Pokemon spawns will be happening, and it may be a bit overwhelming to remember all the details. There are some things that are open to everyone, while other activities and Pokemon that will only be available to event ticket holders. You can buy a ticket for the event throughout, but it would be wise to purchase it now before the main activities happen on Saturday.
Without further ado, here are the grand details for Pokemon GO Fest 2021:
Pokemon GO Fest 2021: For Everyone
- Every Trainer will be able to make up to six Special Trades each day from Friday, July 16, 2021, at 1:00 p.m. to Sunday, July 18, 2021, at 11:00 p.m. PDT (GMT −7).
- Pikachu wearing a special Meloetta-inspired hat will be appearing in the wild during event hours on Saturday and Sunday. If you’re lucky, you might encounter a Shiny one!
- During event hours on Saturday, July 17, the following Pokémon will be appearing in raids:
- Galarian Ponyta and Galarian Zigzagoon wearing Meloetta-inspired hats will be appearing in one-star raids, as will Deino. If you’re lucky, you might encounter a Shiny Galarian Ponyta, a Shiny Galarian Zigzagoon, or a Shiny Deino!
- Galarian Weezing, Hitmontop, and Cranidos will be appearing in three-star raids.
- Evolve Kirlia (Ralts’s Evolution) during event hours on Saturday or Sunday to get a Gardevoir that knows Synchronoise.
- Evolve Vibrava (Trapinch’s Evolution) during event hours on Saturday or Sunday to get a Flygon that knows Earth Power.
- Audino, Tympole, Whismur, and Chimecho will be appearing more often in the wild throughout the event, and if you are lucky, you will encounter a shiny version of Audino, Tympole, Whismur, or Chimecho.
Pokemon GO Fest 2021: For Ticket Holders
In addition to special spawns during the habitat hours, ticket holders will be receiving special timed research that will grant them choices down the line: Picking either Rock Star or Pop Star Pikachu will determine the music played in the game; Gardevoir with Synchronoise or Flygon with Earth Power, both will potentially be wearing Meloetta-inspired hats.
On Saturday, July 17th, Pokemon spawns will be divided into four habitats: Jungle, Desert Mountain, Ocean Beach, and Cave; the habitats will rotate consistently on the hour with each habitat being available twice throughout the day. Each will feature different Pokemon, however, some are only found by using an incense. During the event, ticketed trainers will have a higher chance of finding Shiny Pokemon.
Pokemon GO Fest 2021 Jungle Habitat
10am & 2pm
In the Jungle Habitat, trainers can find Scyther, Aipom, and Froakie in the wild. Shiny Aipom and Scyther will also be easier to find. During the Jungle hours, incense will attract Unknown F, Unknown G, Ludicolo, Chatot, Leafeon, and Serperior will appear. Unknown F and Unknown G will have shiny variations available.
Pokemon GO Fest 2021 Desert Mountain Habitat
11am & 3pm
In the Desert Mountain Habitat, trainers can find Skarmory, Shieldon, and Hippopotas. Shiny Skarmory and Hippopotas will have increased spawn rates and be easier to find. During the Desert Mountain hours, incense will attract Flareon, Unknown F, Unknown G, Tyranitar, Flygon, and Throh. Shiny variations of Unknown F, Unknown G, and Throh will spawn as well.
Pokemon GO Fest 2021 Ocean Beach Habitat
12pm & 4pm
In the Ocean Beach Habitat, trainers will be able to find Dratini, Swablu, and Alomomola in the wild. Shiny variations of all three Pokemon will be available for trainers to catch. During Ocean Beach hours, incense will attract Gyarados, Vaporeon, Azumarill, Unknown F, Unknown G, and Sawk. Lucky trainers will potentially find shiny variations of Gyarados, Unknown F, Unknown G, and Sawk.
Pokemon GO Fest 2021 Cave Habitat
1pm & 5pm
In the Cave Habitat, trainers will be able to find Roggenrolla, Galarian Stunfisk, and Deino. Shiny Roggenrola and Deino will appear for trainers to catch. During Cave hours, incense will attract Umbreon, Unknown F, Unknown G, Gardevoir, Absol, and Galvantula. Shiny variations of Unknown F, Unknown G, and Absol will also be available to find and catch.
On Saturday, Galarian Ponyta, Garlian Zigzagoon, and Deino will be appearing in 1-Star raids. All three Pokemon will have a chance to be shiny. Additionally, costumed versions of Galarian Ponyta and Galarian Zigzagoon will appear as well.
During the day, Galarian Weezing, Hitmontop, and Cranidos will be appearing in 3-Star raids. The shiny versions of these three Pokemon will not be available.
On Saturday, Mewtwo will be the Legendary Pokemon appearing in 5-Star raids. Shiny Mewtwo will be available for lucky trainers to catch after completing the raid. Mewtwo will be helpful against some of the Pokemon appearing in Legendary raids on Sunday.
Finally, Mega Gengar will be appearing in Mega raids. A shiny variation of Gengar will be available to catch if players complete the raid. Mega Gengar can be helpful against some of the Pokemon appearing in Legendary raids on Sunday.
On Sunday, July 18th, Pokemon Trainers will have the opportunity to raid against Legendary Pokemon. Ticketed Trainers can receive up to 10 standard raid passes from gyms. Trainers who complete Timed Research can earn up to 8 remote raid passes. Additionally, a free event bundle will be available granting 3 additional remote raid passes. All Pokemon drawn by incense on Saturday will be drawn by incense on Sunday. Trainers will receive an additional 10,000 XP for completing a raid battle, so make sure you use your lucky eggs for double experience!
The second day of Pokemon GO Fest 2021 is divided into four attributes; the four attributes are Wind, Lava, Frost, and Thunder. Trainers will have a chance to encounter Shiny variations of Legendary Pokemon. Mythical Pokemon will not be appearing in Five-Star raids.
Pokemon GO Fest 2021 Wind Raids
Wind raid hours will take place from 10:00 to 11:00 a.m. and 2:00 to 3:00 PM. During the Wind raid hours Mewtwo, Ho-Oh, Latios, Latias, Regigigas, AF-Giratina, Cresselia, Virizion, and TF-Tornadus will be appearing in Legendary raids. The Shiny variation of Mewtwo, Ho-Oh, Latias, Latios, Regigigas, AF-Giratina, Cresselia, and Virizion will have increased rates to be encountered.
Pokemon GO Fest 2021 Lava Raids
Lava raid hours will take place between 11:00 a.m to 12:00 p.m. and 3:00 to 4:00 p.m. During the Lava raid hours Moltres, Entei, Heatran, Reshiram, Groudon, Regirock, TF-Landorus, Terrakion, and Yveltal will be appearing in Legendary raids. The Shiny variation of Moltres, Entei, Regirock, Groudon, Heatran, and Terrakion will have increased rates to be encountered.
Pokemon GO Fest 2021 Frost Raids
Frost raid hours will take place between 12:00 to 1:00 p.m. and 4:00 to 5:00 p.m. During the Frost raid hours Articuno, Suicune, Lugia, Regice, Kyogre, Uxie, Mesprit, Azelf, Palkia, and Kyurem will be appearing in Legendary raids. The Shiny variation of Articuno, Suicune, Lugia, Regice, and Kyogre will have increased rates to be encountered. Uxie, Mesprit, and Azlef will be spawning in their respective regions; so make sure you have international friends if you want to raid all three.
Pokemon GO Fest 2021 Thunder Raids
Thunder raid hours will take place between 1:00 to 2:00 p.m. and 5:00 to 6:00 p.m. During the Thunder raid hours Zapdos, Raikou, Registeel, Rayquaza, Dialga, TF-Thundurus, Cobalion, Zekrom, and Xerneas will be appearing in Legendary raids. The Shiny variation of Zapdos, Raikou, Registeel, Rayquaza, and Cobalion will have increased rates to be encountered.
If you are missing any of these Legendary Pokemon, now is your best chance to catch them and fill out your Pokedex.
It is going to be a huge event and a great way to catch some rare, shiny, and Legendary Pokemon! Here are a couple tips to get you ready:
- Make sure you have loads of Pokemon storage so you can catch hundreds of new Pokemon. Buy some more storage with your coins, or you can go through your list of Pokemon and transfer them in some way (I’d recommend Pokemon Home).
- Gather up as many balls as you can. Personally, I would recommend only regular Pokeballs and Ultra Balls. If you use a GO Plus, it only uses regular Pokeballs, so these are important to have for this alone. Ultra Balls give you the highest chance to catch, so if you are catching Pokemon manually, this is the ball to use, especially on some of those tougher spawns.
- Finally, take note of the times you are most interested in and make them most of them. For me, I really want shiny Roggenrola and Deino, so I will be on full alert during Cave Hours (1pm and 5pm your local time).
Otherwise, just have a fun time this weekend as you go out with family and friends catching Pokemon during Pokemon GO Fest 2021! Stay safe.
Thank you for stopping by Nintendo Link for all of your gaming news and updates! Will you will participating in Pokemon GO Fest 2021? Let us know in the comments below! Happy gaming, everyone.
What's Your Reaction?
My name is Jason Capp. I am a husband, father, son, and brother, and I am a gamer, a writer, and a wannabe pro wrestler. It is hard to erase the smile on this simple man.