The Auroch Digital team, Code by Fire, and Mode 7 announced last month that their upcoming game, The Colonists, would be launching some time in 2021. Well, now we have confirmation from Auroch Digital that The Colonists is actually launching sooner than expected, with a release date of May 4th, 2021, STAR WARS DAYS!
Help these cute robots build their dream settlement.🤖 Each bot has a job to fulfil, from harvesting crops 🌽 and fishing at the lake 🎣, to transporting resources 🚛 and discovering distant lands. Help them work together to achieve automated harmony.
What’s New For Consoles
They’ve worked hard to make The Colonists just as great on consoles as it is on PC, here’s what’s new:
- There’s new controls: There are new, re-designed controls to help gameplay feel natural and fun on consoles
- There’s controller optimized UI: With a re-imagined user interface to be more accessible for all players
- Of course – new robot hats: There are some new little cute touches here and there including some adorable new robot hats
About The Colonists
The Colonists is a relaxing city-building game. Help these cute robots build their dream settlement. Each bot has a job to fulfil, from harvesting crops and fishing at the lake, to transporting resources and discovering distant lands. Help them work together to achieve automated harmony.
- Harvest: Gather Resources like wood, iron, stone, fish, and lots more
- Refine: Turn resources into useful items, like bread, bricks, and planks
- Build: Create homes, farms, and factories for your bots to live in and work on
- Research: Advance technologies from steam trains to space rockets
- Expand: Increase the complexity and reap rewards as you chase productivity zen
- Campaign: 14 missions split into separate peaceful and military branches
- Sandbox Mode: Customise various game settings to play the game how you like
- Challenge Trophies: Special speed-run challenges which test the most expert colony builders
The PC version has been a big hit and on Steam it holds a Very Positive rating from 600+ reviews. Keep an eye out here for our review of the game as we get closer to the release date.
Thank you for stopping by Nintendo Link for all of your indie game news and updates! Are you looking forward to this one? Let us know what you think in the comments below! Happy gaming, everyone.
What's Your Reaction?
My name is Jason Capp. I am a husband, father, son, and brother, and I am a gamer, a writer, and a wannabe pro wrestler. It is hard to erase the smile on this simple man.