Today, during its latest financial results meeting, Team17 announced that the arena combat game, Worms Rumble, is launching on the Nintendo Switch and Xbox consoles in 2021. The game looks like a lot of fun and will provide a different arena experience compared to other games on the market.
Check out the trailer from the previous announcement for Playstation and Steam:
Worms Rumble is Worms like you’ve never played it before, with intense, real-time, arena-based 32-player cross-platform combat. Get ready for Deathmatch and Last Worm Standing modes where you’re only ever a Holy Hand Grenade away from death!
Use a variety of fan-favourite weapons like the Bazooka and Shotgun plus all-new additions to the armoury to bring the pain to your invertebrate opponents as you climb the ranks. Customise your worm, take part in challenges and seasonal events and experiment with new ways to play in The Lab. This is Worms, reinvented.
- You won’t find any turn-based combat in Worms Rumble. Every round is in REAL TIME! If your enemy is raining fire upon you, give them heck right back!
- Play with friends online across console and PC. With Deathmatch and Last Worm Standing solo and squad battle royale modes available at launch!
- Earn XP and in-game currency to unlock and purchase weapon skins, outfits, accessories and emotes! Mix and match to create your own personal style on the battlefield.
- Arm yourself with new and returning fan-favourite weapons! With classics like the Bazooka, Holy Hand-grenade and Sheep launcher and the all-new Hammerhead, Plasma Blaster and Rocket shield.
- Take part in seasonal and community events, and daily challenges for additional XP and in-game rewards. And experiment with new gameplay mechanics and weapons in The Lab. Each week brings new experimental game modes with new fun ways to play!
When Team17 announces more details and a release date, we will keep you informed. Continue to follow us here at Nintendo Link for updates.
Thank you for stopping by Nintendo Link for all of your Switch news and game updates. What do you think of Worms Rumble from Team17? Are you looking forward to playing this on your Switch? Let us know in the comments below! Happy gaming, everyone.
What's Your Reaction?
My name is Jason Capp. I am a husband, father, son, and brother, and I am a gamer, a writer, and a wannabe pro wrestler. It is hard to erase the smile on this simple man.