Rastrolabs Games Studios has now launced their Kickstarter campaign for their Grand Theft Auto inspired game, RoadOut. The team are hoping to achieve a goal of £8,799 where they are currently at just under £500.
Take a look at the trailer below:
RoadOut is a futuristic, story-driven adventure that combines top down action-RPG elements with rubber-burning driving mechanics. Explore a vast post-apocalyptic world in your car, then dive into puzzle-filled, action-packed dungeons on foot. Take up the role as Claire, a mercenary for hire, who must fight rival gangs, defend herself from wild bandits, terminate robots from an ancient A.I., and participate in deadly races. Do whatever it takes to survive…The Dead Zone.
Burn Rubber, Burn Humanity
The world is dominated by A.I., which has become a normal part of life. Rebel factions take refuge in a desert area known as the “Dead Zone.”
Claire survives in this world by executing black market contracts for local leaders involving delivery, sabotage and murder. While investigating her past, she uncovers strange evidence that links her existence with the origin of the A.I…
– Explore a huge, battered world in your car encompassing six maps loaded with side quests, NPCs, and arenas. Follow the story and make decisions that will affect the ending.
– Battle through dungeon locations on foot. Use long and short range attacks on enemies, block with your shield, and solve intricate puzzles. Stack sprite art style that offers fully rotatable dungeons that look 2D, but are actually 3D!
– Craft new moves, weapons and drugs. Customize yourself with body mods and cybernetics to survive the Dead Zone. Customize your car to traverse terrain and withstand the effects of weather and night and day.
– Earn clout in the gang reputation system. Stop oncoming cars, barter items, interact with NPCs and receive help on missions. Or fend off unwanted attacks!
– Indulge in extra game modes such as destruction derby-style racing and twisted battle arena! All while grooving out to a thumping synthwave soundtrack!
Your car is your best friend against dangers in the Dead Zone. Equipped with weapons and other tech, it will literally carry to you riches and glory as you explore, battle and uncover the mysteries of a world that’s gone to hell and decided to stay.
On-Foot Combat and Exploration
Delve into the remnants of an ancient civilization and navigate the beginning of one rising from the ashes. Explore each building in the world of RoadOut. You never know what you may find, so be careful not to leave them abandoned. The greater the danger, the fatter your paycheck.
Explore the Dead Zone
The world is no longer the same. All that remains is the Dead Zone, a large artificial biome created to sustain a new era of humanity. It is divided into 5 sectors, where various faction battles rage. Drive through the Dead Zone doing jobs, getting paid and running roughshod over the scum guarding the secrets of the world.
Battle in Your Bitchin’ Ride
Life in a post apocalyptic world is a battle for survival. Danger lurks even in your own backyard, eager to surprise you. Hungry animals are ready to rip you apart. Murderous bandits will rob your lifeless corpse. Prepare for the worst with your car and its arsenal of weapons.
Race for Glory
The world may have come to an end, but who said we can’t have fun? Ride or die in red-hot races to be the best on the post apocalyptic circuit. 10 tracks in several biomes. Innumerable races, all of them equal measures deadly and glorious.
To support the Kickstarter campaign, or to simply see what the game has to offer, go to the official page here.
Thank you for stopping by Nintendo Link for all of your gaming news and updates! What do you think of this Kickstarter game? Are you interested? Let us know in the comments below! Happy gaming, everyone.
What's Your Reaction?
A massive lover of all things nerdy, Chelly has been games writing for over 3 years now and hopes to gain more experience and knowledge doing so. Her favourite games are Monster Hunter, Borderlands and Pokemon.