Thanks for reading! If you enjoy this article consider subscribing to our newsletter for a chance to win a $10 eshop gift card every week!
Niantic announced some changes to how Mega Evolution works in Pokemon GO recently, and today they have officially announced that two Mega-Evolved Legendary Pokemon will soon make their Pokemon GO debuts: Mega Latias and Mega Latios.
Check out the trailer:
Below are the full details on the Pokemon Air Adventures event for Pokemon GO, including Mega Latias and Mega Latios:
- Pokémon Debuts – Mega Latias and Mega Latios will be appearing in Mega Raids
- Latias caught during this period will know the Charged Attack Mistball
- Latios caught during this period will know the Charged Attack Luster Purge.
- Timed Research – Trainers who complete Timed Research focused on catching Pikachu and Flying-type Pokémon will earn 50 Latias Mega Energy, 50 Mega Latios Energy, 3000 XP and an encounter with Flying Pikachu.
- Encounters – Trainers will be able to encounter the following Pokémon through:
- Wild Encounters: Flying Pikachu*, Jigglypuff*, Meowth*, Psyduck*, Doduo*, Magikarp*, Wingull*, Swablu*, Drifloon*. If Trainers are lucky, they might encounter the following: Charizard*, Mantine*
- Three-Star Raids: Charizards*, Lapras*, Togekiss
- Mega Raids: Mega Latias*, Mega Latios*
- 7 km Eggs: Togepi*, Mantyke, Emolga, Noibat
- Field Research: Flying Pikachu*, Doduo*, Swablu*, Emolga.
- Event Bonus: ½ × Egg Hatch Distance when Eggs are placed in an Incubator during the event period.
* Indicates the Pokemon can be shiny.
Thank you for stopping by Nintendo Link for all of your gaming news and updates! What do you think of this new update for Pokemon GO? Are you excited? Let us know in the comments below! Happy gaming, everyone.
What's Your Reaction?
My name is Jason Capp. I am a husband, father, son, and brother, and I am a gamer, a writer, and a wannabe pro wrestler. It is hard to erase the smile on this simple man.