Late last night, Nintendo released a firmware update for the Nintendo Switch, and at first this did not seem like anything big, but that couldn’t be furthest from the truth. In reality, this update has opened up the ability for the Switch to connect with Bluetooth headphones, including the likes of Apple Airpods and others.
Nintendo also released a tweet verifying the news, so it is a glorious day for those without wired headphones!
About Bluetooth Headphones on Switch
- Up to two wireless controllers can connect to a Nintendo Switch system while using Bluetooth audio. You will not be able to pair additional wireless controllers until you disconnect the Bluetooth audio device;
- Bluetooth audio will be disconnected during local communication, such as when starting a local wireless multiplayer game.
There is some technical issues here, too, as only two wireless devices can connect to the Switch at the same time. For example: You can use Apple Airpods and a Pro Controller, but you cannot use two Pro Controllers and Apple Airpods. You will need to disconnect one of those controllers in order to use the Bluetooth headphones.
That does not mean you cannot use four wireless controllers at the same time. This only applies to the combination with Bluetooth headphones. Basically, it is limited to one player: one set of headphones and one wireless controller.
How to Pair Bluetooth Headphones with Nintendo Switch?
To pair your headphones with your Switch, just follow these steps:
- Update your Nintendo Switch to version 13.0.0.
- Go to “System Settings,” then “Bluetooth Audio.”
- Click on “Pair Device.”
- Then hold down the “SYNC” button on your Bluetooth device
- Select it on the Switch and PRESTO!
This is the kind of update that should have existed since the Switch’s release, but better late than never, I guess.
Thank you for stopping by Nintendo Link for all of your gaming news and updates! What do you think of this new system update that adds Bluetooth headphone support? Let us know what you think in the comments below. Happy gaming, everyone!
What's Your Reaction?
My name is Jason Capp. I am a husband, father, son, and brother, and I am a gamer, a writer, and a wannabe pro wrestler. It is hard to erase the smile on this simple man.