Developer Flying Oak Games and publisher Dear Villagers have announced that the fast-paced rogue-platformer ScourgeBringer today got a brand new “Fast Paced Action” trailer, alongside the launch of a free demo on Nintendo Switch.
Additionally, the team revealed a new “Supporter Pack” version of the game and confirmed that pre-orders on Nintendo Switch are now live ahead of ScourgeBringer‘s full launch on October 21.
ScourgeBringer aims to channel the mystery and rawness of an early rogue-platformer, with fluid control, aerial combat, pixel graphics and a punchy soundtrack. The story follows hero Kyhra, who is sent away to uncover the secrets of an Eldritch monolith which is threatening to destroy her world. Armed with her trusty combat drone, she must shoot and slash her way through the infinite depths of an ever-changing dungeon, wherein gigantic bosses, ancient machines, strange ghosts and untold secrets from previous explorers await.
There is no backtracking, as the game’s structure follows a procedural combination of pre-built challenge rooms, not unlike the Binding of Isaac.
The game is in open development, with an in-game feedback system gathering feedback from players, and regular looks behind the curtain courtesy of regular development updates from Flying Oak Games, who you can follow on Twitter here.
Content of the Supporter Pack
- A 12-page digital comic prequel
- Early prototypes artwork
- More than 10 different 4K wallpapers to download
- An optional 28-track OST by acclaimed composer Joonas Turner will also available on Steam
Launch update highlights will include:
- The Beyond: a new secret Realm with two new bosses
- Chaos Roots: a new post-game mode, with different run modifiers and harder difficulty
- System revamps: a new gun modification systems with weapon mods; a revamped item system, offering upgrades like shields
- Story reshaped: rewritten dialogs, rewritten and new logs and the game’s ending
- New shops and NPCs: get weapon upgrades, or pay with your own HP for items, and meet new Greed’s acolytes
- New content to previous worlds: new mini bosses, new blessings
- Secret rooms: will you find them?
This looks to be an exciting release for next week! ScourgeBringer will launch on Nintendo Switch October 21st, 2020, and it will cost $16.99.
Thank you for tuning into Nintendo Link for all of your indie news, game announcements, and fast action trailers. What do you think about this one? I love the bullet hell nature of it, and I will be sure to check it out when it releases! Let us know what you think in the comments below. Happy gaming, everyone!
What's Your Reaction?
My name is Jason Capp. I am a husband, father, son, and brother, and I am a gamer, a writer, and a wannabe pro wrestler. It is hard to erase the smile on this simple man.