It is the fall season for gaming, and we are starting to see the first big wave of games. Next week, we are getting a massive one in the form of Torchlight III, the highly anticipated action RPG sequel from Perfect World and Echtra Games.
This is a great release for our beloved hybrid console, as MMORPGs have not really made any traction on the console. Since Torchlight III boasts up to 40 players in a lobby, I think we can define that as pretty massive for the Switch when it launches on the console October 22nd.
What is Torchlight III?
The whimsical universe of Torchlight is back in Torchlight III! It’s been over a hundred years since the events of Torchlight II, where the great heroes of Torchlight defeated The Dark Alchemist and sealed the Netherlord’s heart inside the Clockwork Core.
The heroes brought peace to the world of Novastraia, but now the Netherim have returned and the Ember Empire finds itself on the brink of collapse. To save Novastraia, players have to gather their wits and brave the frontier as they search for fame, glory, and new adventures to become the legends the world needs them to be.
Before their epic quest begins, players must create their own hero by choosing between four distinct classes: Dusk Mage, Forged, Railmaster, and Sharpshooter, five powerful Relics, and a pet to accompany them on their new adventure: a fluffy alpaca, a swift owl, or a loyal canine retriever.
With 20 class and Relic combinations — each offering a unique playstyle — and a wide range of choices of where to place skill points, players have the power to be the hero they want to be.
Longtime Torchlight fans will be happy to discover that Torchlight III features the same signature gameplay mechanics that set the original series apart from other ARPGs, including satisfying hack’n’slash combat, a charming and vibrant world, both online 4-player cooperative multiplayer and offline single-player, plus the beloved pet system.
Torchlight III also introduces new features, such as three epic acts, unique Relic subclasses, fully customizable forts, and a challenging end-game experience in “Fazeer Shah’s Dun-Djinn.” In addition, the game includes a multi-tiered “Contracts” progression system that lets players earn Fame and unlock elite items, along with a myriad of quests and boss battles. All of these features contribute to the epic return of the iconic franchise and an even more accessible adventure for new Torchlight players.
- Travel the Frontier: Explore the wilderness, party with friends, gather materials to craft gear, or use magic to enter unknown dungeons! There’s always something to do in the new frontier.
- Build & Upgrade Your Fort: It’s time to rebuild – and that includes you! Enjoy your very own fort, where you can upgrade gear and renovate your fort to show off to your friends and the world.
- Collect Epic Gear: Whether it’s armor, weapons, dyes, recipes, ember cores, or even new pets…there’s always more to find as you battle through dungeons and take on dangerous foes.
- Pets Are Back: Fight your way to fame and glory with your loyal companion! Add skills and equip them with gear to make them stronger. Each species comes in a myriad of colors and styles, so make sure to collect them all!
- Build Your Hero: With four unique classes to choose from, players can utilize class-specific mechanics to maximize damage and their odds of survival. Combine epic gear, Relic powers, and class abilities to customize your playstyle.
Torchlight III will cost $39.99 on the Switch eShop, and if you purchase the game on the Switch, players gain access to Ashen Glittersprite, an exclusive Fairy pet. So what are you waiting for? Get out there and pre-order this one now!
Thank you for stopping by Nintendo Link for all of your indie news and release date announcements. What do you think of the Torchlight series? Are you looking forward to this launching on the Nintendo Switch? Let us know what you think in the comments below! Happy gaming, everyone.
What's Your Reaction?
My name is Jason Capp. I am a husband, father, son, and brother, and I am a gamer, a writer, and a wannabe pro wrestler. It is hard to erase the smile on this simple man.