Zelart, a new face in the Kickstarter world, launched with a killer first project in the form of There Is No Light, a grim, post-apocalyptic pixel-art action adventure bound for all gaming platforms, including our beloved Nintendo Switch. Get ready to explore the underworld and slay hordes of demonic creatures!
The game is already beyond successful in its Kickstarter debut, raising over $56,000 of the original $30,000 goal. In doing so, There Is No Light has already unlocked the following stretch goals; additional side quests, bestiary, upgraded VFX, and an alternate ending. With 5 days left, there is still plenty of time to unlock a New Game+ mode and even a new mechanic! Check out the campaign here for more details.
What is There Is No Light?
There is No Light is a pixel-art action-adventure set in a grim underground world ruled by the mysterious Church of the Great Hand, where the entire human population has been eradicated by a global catastrophe.
Explore the game world, listen to survivor stories, vanquish hordes of bloodthirsty demonic creatures and fight deadly Bosses to fulfill your goal — save your child who has been taken away by a cult.
There’s a demo version of There Is No Light available throughout the campaign, which has been played by more than 10k people. Public access to the demo will be terminated after the campaign’s end, so there are only a few days left to try it out.
The demo features two in-game locations and a boss fight with the giant Behemoth. It should take you around 2 hours to complete it. You will be able to try 3 weapon types out of 4, build 3 skill trees, and see the Karma system in action. You can still download it on Steam for free.
- Non-linear Narrative. Create your own adventure by exploring the story and in-game world as you want it.
- Four types of Magic and Bladed Weapons, each with unique abilities and skills to upgrade.
- Filled with Rage. A Rage gauge builds up when damage is inflicted on enemies and the environment, allowing to slay your opponents quickly and efficiently.
- Extraordinary Combat provided by rapid battle style, varieties of weapons, and hordes of otherworldly creatures.
- Four unique in-game locations that were inspired by classic post-apocalyptic and dark fantasy visuals.
- Varieties of dreadful Bosses that were designed to eliminate your character in various and brutal ways.
- Numerous NPC each with unique story quests for you to maintain.
- Karma system. Your actions and decisions will affect the state of the Underworld.
Thank you for stopping by Nintendo Link for all of your Kickstarter news and indie announcements. What do you think of this one? Are you ready to dive deep into the depths of the underworld? Or will you avoid this like the plague? Let us know in the comments below! Happy gaming, everyone.
What's Your Reaction?
My name is Jason Capp. I am a husband, father, son, and brother, and I am a gamer, a writer, and a wannabe pro wrestler. It is hard to erase the smile on this simple man.